Friday, September 5, 2008

A New Beginning?

When I first started this blog it's safe to say I was in a dark place. Which was one of the major reasons for my foray into the bloggersphere; I needed an outlet for all of my feelings.
After reading my third posting, my husband suggested that if I was ever going to publish this to the world, that I should maybe 'lighten it up a bit'. He didn't even want me posting pictures of the kids for fear that someone would narc on us to DCS.
I took his advice and started editing my first posting a bit. I kept chipping away at it over the course of a few days, all the while feeling not so good; like I broke into a teacher's home and started 'editing' a test after finding the answer key.
Why should I change my posting when that's how I really felt at that moment? I criticized many for not having 'the balls' to fess up to their true feelings on parenting and here I was back pedaling with mine. The whole point of the blog was to let people know that their feelings are normal.
The relationship we have with our children is like no other. If my husband treated me the way my kid does, with the language, attitude, physical aggression, etc., it would be considered abuse. My friends would perform an intervention to get me to leave his ass or there would at least be a halfway house where I could seek refuge. Now there's a business idea! You heard it here first.
So if you're at the point where you really want to toss your child off of the closest building, bridge, or mountain, I'm here to tell you these feelings are normal. If you're currently on the Golden Gate Bridge, slowing down and opening your child's door, then you might want to get some professional help - or as Tom Cruise would advise vitamins and exercise or a couple of nannies - whatever works.

No comments: